Touch-Plate’s Terms & Conditions
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions and all Agreements: “Customer”, “You”, and “Your” refers to you, the person accepting these terms and conditions.
“Touchplate” refers to our company, Touch-Plate Technologies, Inc. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization, and/or he/she, or they are taken as interchangeable and are referring to the same.
No representation, warranty, price, or change of terms and conditions appearing herein made by any person shall be binding upon Touchplate unless validated in writing by an authorized manager or officer of Touchplate in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Payment Terms
- Payment: Payment via Credit Card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and PayPal) are the only accepted payment methods when ordering online.
- Invoice/Receipt: An invoice/receipt will be generated and emailed to the email address provided within 5 business days of the order submission.
- Purchasing Terms
- Orders: All orders will shipped according to the option chosen by the Customer when placing the order online.
- Order Cancellation: An order accepted by Touchplate is not subject to cancellation. Action taken to cancel may be treated as renunciation resulting in the customer being held liable for any and all losses or expenses incurred such as administrative, return costs, shipping, engineering, design, submittals, quotes, travel, labor costs, etc. sustained by Touchplate. Acceptance of an order by Touchplate does not necessarily imply conformance with plans and specifications, unless those accompany the order and Touchplate accepts them in writing.
- Pricing: Prices are subject to change without notice. Touchplate is not obligated to honor prices given by mistake from any source. Current published prices are always given precedent. Touchplate is not responsible for job quotes made incorrectly when all drawing specifications are not provided or if any addendum/changes are made without advance notice. Touchplate reserves the right to sell to any customer and reserves the right not to sell to any customer.
- Shipping: All product(s) will be shipped according to the option specified when placing the online order. All products(s) will ship to the address specified when placing the order online. Order processing typically takes 1-3 business days.
- Product Warranty
- Touch-Plate warrants all products against defects in materials or workmanship under normal use for a period of ONE (1) year from the date of shipment. If a defect is to arise and a valid claim is received within the allowed time period, Touchplate will repair or replace the product at no charge.
- Touchplate does not warrant or agree that its products meet any particular plans or specific application requirements unless such plans and
specifications have been forwarded to Touchplate and Touchplate has expressly approved and accepted such plans in writing.
Touchplate shall not be held responsible for damage to products due to misuse, misapplication, accident, alteration, abuse, “Acts of God,” or
inappropriate or faulty installation. Touchplate’s liability and purchaser’s and/or end-user’s exclusive remedy shall be limited to repair or replacement of
defective products at the factory. Touchplate shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to, installation or
replacement labor costs.
- This is only a brief overview of Touchplate’s product warranty. For the full warranty, please visit our website.
- Product Information
- All products sold by Touchplate are of an electrical nature. All parts should be installed by a person(s) with electrical experience. We strongly recommend an electrician or an experienced person install all Touch-Plate items. All products sold by Touchplate are designed for a specific use. The specifications for each product are listed on our website. Further information can be obtained by contacting Touchplate directly. Misunderstanding or ignorance of the specific use of all product(s) being purchased is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- Returned Goods/Short Orders
- RMA Terms: Except for those under warranty, no returned goods will be accepted after 90 days without approval and a Returned Materials Authorization (RMA) issued from Touch-Plate. A RMA will be issued upon our receipt of the sales order and invoice number of the goods desired to be returned. Returned goods must be sent in the original shipping container along with the issued RMA from Touch-Plate. The product(s) must be packaged securely to prevent damage during shipment. The purchaser is responsible for freight/damage of the parts.
- Return Freight. If the product(s) being returned are due to error on the purchaser’s part (incorrectly ordered, too many parts ordered, items no longer needed, etc.), the purchaser is fully responsible for the return shipping costs. If a defective product is being returned that is under warranty, or if product is being returned that was incorrectly shipped, Touchplate will provide a return UPS label to cover the shipping costs.
- Restocking Fee. If an incorrect item or quantity of item was ordered and needs to be returned, the minimum restocking fee due from purchaser is 25%. If the item has been opened, partially installed, scratched, dented, or in any way damaged, the restocking fee will be determined by Touchplate upon inspection.
- Short/Incorrect Orders. Any missing or incorrectly shipped item(s) must be reported within 5 days of receipt of shipment. You must contact us by phone or email to obtain a RMA number for the item(s) shorted so Touchplate can re-ship or credit the missing item(s). Failure to do so will relieve Touchplate of any liability of cost or material associated with the missing item(s).
- Non-returnable items. Due to the electrical nature of our product design, we will not accept returns of the items listed below. Individual components included in the Control Panels below may be returned with a warranty claim, but the complete panel is non-returnable.
- All ZoneZ Control Panels (includes ZoneZ Lite (ZNZLN & ZNZLL), ZoneZ Network (ZNZZN), and ZoneZ Dimmer (ZNZZD).
- All Time-Keeper[udesign_icon_font name=”fa fa-registered”] based Control Panels.
- All BACnet Control Panels.
- All DMX Control Panels.
- Notification of Changes
- Touchplate reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions from time to time as they see fit and your continued purchase orders will signify your acceptance of any adjustment to these terms.
- Applicable Law
- The laws of the State of Indiana shall govern all sales agreements.